Are you struggling to attract clients for your family law practice despite having top-notch legal expertise? Do you often find yourself wondering why your family law firm website is failing to draw in the kind of traffic you envision? You’re not alone. Creating an effective web design for family lawyer is a common challenge.
That’s why we’ve put together this ultimate family law website design guide. It will help you get a deeper insight into essential elements of web design for family lawyers so that you can start getting new clients within a month.
From choosing the suitable color scheme to crafting an SEO-friendly family law firm website design, you’ll find tips to help you smoothly get through the process. We’ll also help you understand what makes family law website designs unique compared to other legal practices, which is essential for making top-notch design choices. Use this knowledge to attract new clients and build long-term relationships with them. It’s easier than you may think!
Table of Contents:
- The Basics Of Family Law Digital Marketing – Do This Before Building a Website
- What Makes Web Design for Family Lawyer Unique?
- Interesting Benefits of Custom Attorney Web Design
- 8 Elements That Make a Great Web Design For Family Lawyer
- Need Professional Web Design For Family Lawyer?
The Basics Of Family Law Digital Marketing – Do This Before Building a Website
Family law firms often make a mistake by skipping the first step of the website creation process – conducting market research for web design. This prevents them from creating a powerful web design for family lawyers and attracting the right kind of internet traffic to their websites.
Before we dig deep into various web design elements family law websites need, we’d like to give you tips to help you get started with family law digital marketing. And don’t worry; you’ll be able to follow these even if you don’t have an in-house marketing team:
Define your target audience:
The ability to target a desired audience accurately is what separates the best family law websites from others. If you don’t know who your target audience is, you’ll struggle to make the right design choices.
Consider the family law practice areas you want to focus on. For example, whether you opt for divorce family law or criminal defense family law will impact the web design elements and the complete design approach for your family law website. Defining your target audience is the first step for creating a solid family law marketing strategy, so don’t skip it.
Set clear goals you want to accomplish with family law digital marketing:
Setting clear goals for your web design for family lawyers will give direction and purpose to your project. When you have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with your law firm website design, you can make better design choices and create a more compelling online presence. You’ll be able to craft a better user experience and eventually achieve the desired growth.
But make sure to set goals that are:
- Specific: Instead of simply saying, “I want to attract more clients,” specify the number of new clients you’d like to acquire in a given time frame. For example, “I want to attract ten new clients monthly through my family law website.”
- Measurable: Your goals need to be measurable so you can track your progress and determine if you’ve achieved them. In the example above, you can track the number of new clients you acquire each month. If you’ve acquired ten or more clients, your family law digital marketing is going in the right direction. Otherwise, something needs to change.
- Achievable: It can be easy to get carried away and set unrealistic goals when working on web design for family lawyer. For example, it can take time and patience for family law SEO efforts to start driving results. And if you’re working with a limited budget, you might not have as much money to spend on family law advertising as your main competitors. So make sure that your goals are achievable within those constraints.
- Relevant: Ensure that your goals align with your overall family law marketing strategy and are relevant to your target audience. For example, if you primarily want to target older clients, we advise you to focus on making an ADA-compliant website design.
- Time-bound: Setting a deadline for each goal you want to achieve is crucial. This will help you prioritize them and ensure your web design and marketing teams stay on track.
Establish Brand Guidelines for your Family Law Firm:
Brand guidelines are a set of rules that outline how your brand should look, feel, and be communicated to the public. Establishing these before creating a web design for family lawyer is super important. It will help you keep your branding consistent across various digital marketing platforms, which is key to building a solid and recognizable brand. And brand guidelines will have an impact on website elements such as:
- Color scheme
- Font choice
- Images and illustrations
- Web copy tone and style
A document containing your style guides will be a reference for everyone working on your family lawyer project.
What Makes Web Design for Family Lawyer Unique?
Web design for family lawyer is unique because it requires a delicate balance of professionalism and empathy. Family law cases are often sensitive, and clients often seek family law attorneys during difficult times in their lives. As a result, it’s vital to make your website both professional and approachable. This will make clients feel comfortable reaching out for help.
We’ll discuss the color scheme choices in more depth later, but we’d now like to give you a quick example so you can better understand the uniqueness of family lawyer projects. Colors on your family law website should be more muted and calming compared to brighter, bolder color schemes used on corporate law firm websites. And perhaps the most significant difference lies in the website’s content. It’s crucial to focus on providing resources that are highly relevant to your practice areas in order to connect with your target audience.
All in all, every industry and niche requires at least a slightly different design approach. Hopefully, this article will help you better understand the elements that make law firm website designs unique so that you can implement them on your website without too much trouble.
Interesting Benefits of Custom Attorney Web Design
With the rise in popularity of no-code website builders, many attorneys wonder if it’s still worth creating their family lawyer websites from scratch. From our experience, the DIY approach to website creation is rarely an intelligent choice in the long run. That’s why we always recommend custom web design packages to our clients. Here are just some benefits of building a custom website for your family law company:
- Tailor-made website for your family law firm’s brand: Custom family law attorney website design allows you to showcase your unique image and values. We’ve already discussed the importance of having clear brand guidelines. Now it’s crucial to mention that no-code solutions still can’t beat the custom attorney web design approach when it comes to turning those guidelines into reality.
- Better user experience for potential clients: By hiring professional law firm website designers to build your digital environment from scratch, you can customize it as much as you want. Your potential clients will have an easier time finding the information of their interest and interacting with your firm online.
- You’ll appear more credible: A famous saying teaches us not to judge a book by its cover. But the harsh reality is that many people subconsciously form their opinions about family law firm websites based on first impressions. A well-designed, professional website will help you appear more credible and trustworthy. This is crucial, considering the competitiveness of the family law industry.
- Family law SEO benefits: Custom family law web designs can be optimized for search engines, which is essential for improving your online visibility. You’ll increase your chances of appearing on the first page of Google when potential clients search for great lawyers in your legal practice areas.
- Enhanced functionality: You’ll be able to include custom features like appointment scheduling, online payment processing, and secure client portals. This will make it easier for potential clients to work with your law firm. And by automating specific tasks, you’ll free up more time for you to focus on your work.
8 Elements That Make a Great Web Design For Family Lawyer
Now that we’ve got a wider picture of family law digital marketing, let’s focus on web design for family lawyer. It’s time to explore eight design elements that will help you get your website project going in the right direction:
Easy Navigation that Boosts User Experience
Creating an easy-to-use navigation for a family law website is crucial for providing visitors with a great user experience. Here are some tips that you might find helpful for this:
- Go for simplicity: It’s crucial to make your navigation simple, straightforward, and easy to understand. Use clear language and avoid using legal jargon. It’s all about helping your ideal clients find the information they want.
- Make navigation intuitive and test it with users: Organize the navigation in a way that makes sense to users. For example, you can try having categories like “Divorce,” “Child Custody,” and “Adoption.” This way, just a quick look at your navigation bar will be enough for people to find what they want. Conducting tests with real users should help you find the perfect combination.
- Consider using drop-down menus: Many of the best family law websites use drop-down menus to keep the main navigation clean and clutter-free. If you specialize in various legal practice areas, include the main category “Practice Areas” and then use the drop-down menu to list all the areas you can help clients in.
- Maintain consistency: Keep the navigation consistent throughout your website. Changing the position of navigational elements across your pages is terrible. It will only confuse your potential clients. Consistent navigation helps users feel comfortable and confident as they move from page to page.
- Create a clean design: Usually, less is more in web design for family lawyer. By finding the right balance between white space and other website elements, you can create an enjoyable experience for your potential clients. This will help you highlight the most critical areas on your page and simplify navigation.
SEO-Friendly Family Law Websites Rank Higher on Google
Do keyword research before you start creating a web design. This way, you’ll have a clearer idea of the content you want to include on your law firm’s website and won’t need to make as many changes later.
- Do keyword research before designing your website: Identifying the keywords and phrases potential clients may use to search for family law attorneys before creating your website is essential. These keywords will guide the creation of your family law firm website and its content. And with proper keyword research services, you won’t need to make as many changes upon the website’s launch date.
- Ensure your website is easily crawlable: Use a sitemap and proper URL structure to ensure search engines can easily crawl and index your pages. We advise you to keep your URLs short but descriptive, hide the “www” prefix, include a focus keyword in each, and use hyphens to separate words.
- Create a responsive design for your family law website: More and more clients use their phones to search for a family law company they can trust. To build trust and appear more credible, your website must look and function equally well on every screen size. And the best way to achieve this is by creating a responsive web design for family lawyers. It will prove beneficial for both the user experience and your SEO results.
Creating an SEO-friendly website for family law attorneys is an ongoing process. It’s crucial to stay up-to-date with the latest news within the SEO industry and constantly monitor your website’s performance.
A Color Palette that Evokes Trust
Finding a color palette that evokes trust is a crucial aspect of website design for family lawyers. It will help you create a welcoming and professional image for your family law company and help you connect with potential clients faster.
- Try with blue and green: As colors that are often associated with feelings of peace, calmness, and stability, blue and green are popular choices for family law web designs.
- Consider earth tones: Colors like beige, brown, and muted yellow can also evoke feelings of comfort and stability. For instance, you could use a light beige as the primary background color and incorporate browns and yellows in smaller accents like buttons and icons.
- Avoid red and black colors: These colors can be seen as aggressive and hostile and may not be able to convey a sense of trust and security in the desired way.
Simply put, family law firms must consider the tone they want to convey when choosing color palettes. This should be documented in your brand guidelines. For example, a darker blue or deep green might be adequate if you want to appear more serious and professional. On the other hand, if you want to appear more approachable, a lighter blue or a bright green might be perfect. If you’re unsure which color palettes to choose, professional web design services can help you make the right decision.
Font Choice Is More Important Than You May Believe
Different fonts evoke different emotions and can set various tones. Sometimes, the font choice can make the difference between a modern and outdated look for your website. When choosing typography for your family law attorney website design, pay attention to the following:
- Legibility: Make sure the font is easy to read and clear, especially for the body text. Your visitors should be able to quickly read and understand the information on your website without getting lost in the design.
- Tone: Your font choices should reflect the tone you want to convey, whether it be serious, friendly, or professional. For example, san-serif fonts like Arial or Helvetica are modern and professional, while serif fonts like Times New Roman are classic and traditional.
- Branding: Consider your brand personality and choose a font that aligns with it. For example, if you’re aiming for an approachable personality, you may choose a more decorative font. But if you want to establish a professional look, san-serif fonts are the way to go.
- Fonts on other websites: By observing the font choices on other websites in the family law industry, you can get a deeper insight into what works and what doesn’t.
- The number of fonts used: Limit the number of fonts on your family law attorney website to 2 or 3 maximum. Too many fonts can make your website look cluttered and unprofessional. So stick with a primary font for your body text and a secondary font for headings or other essential website elements.
Which Types of Content Do Family Law Attorney Websites Need?
From family law blogs to client success stories, you need a variety of content to help those who visit your website. Here are just some of the content types you should keep in mind when creating a web design for family lawyers:
- Blog posts
- Web copy
- Legal case studies
- Success stories
- FAQs section
- Explanations of common legal issues
Your goal should be to provide visitors with the information they need to make informed decisions about their problems. High-quality content is essential for building long-term relationships with clients. And it will also help you appear more credible to search engines, which might result in better rankings in the SERPs.
One thing you can do to ensure better SEO results is to learn how to write a content brief that outlines all essential information. And if you’re not ready for daily involvement in the content creation process, you should hire content specialists from other companies to help you plan and create content for your website.
Highlight your Family Law Practice Areas
When searching for a family lawyer, people usually have a specific need in mind. By showcasing your areas of expertise, you’ll increase the chances of the right clients finding you. Not to mention that people will trust you more if they see that you specialize in the specific issue they’re facing.
One of the ways to highlight the practice areas your family law company specializes in is by creating “Practice Areas” pages. The concept is similar to the service pages companies within other industries often use. For each area you specialize in, create an attractive page explaining your services in depth. Also, create attractive visuals to break up text and make your website more engaging.
But don’t use images and illustrations exclusively for aesthetic purposes. Use them to communicate your messages to potential clients and break down complex information.
Powerful Calls to Action will Drive More Conversions
A call to action (CTA) is a button, link, or statement encouraging the visitor to take a specific action on your family law website. The quality of your CTAs can make the difference between the failure and success of your family law company’s online presence. With powerful calls to action, you can get more potential clients to fill out your contact forms, schedule a consultation, or call your office. Here are some of the best tips our digital marketing agency suggests for writing CTAs for family law website design:
- Be clear and concise: Using simple language to convey your message is best. Say exactly what you want the visitors to do, such as “Contact us now” or “Book a free consultation.”
- Make it sound urgent: By creating a sense of urgency, you can evoke the fear of missing out (FOMO) and motivate more visitors to take action immediately. Using words such as “now” or “today” is a simple way to achieve this.
- Highlight the benefits: Let the visitors know what they’ll gain by taking action. For example, “Get the legal help you need, today” or “Take control of your family law situation with our expertise”.
- Make it personal: You can make your CTAs feel more personal and approachable by addressing your potential clients directly. By saying, “You can count on us,” you show people that you care about their problems and will help during difficult times.
- Place your CTAs in prominent locations: Make sure that your CTA is visible and easily accessible on the page. Place it in a high-traffic area, such as above the fold or near the main content. It’s also not wrong to place it in multiple locations on a single page. But still, the key is balance.
Testimonials Section That Highlights Positive Experiences of Your Clients
Testimonials are basically reviews from your past clients who share their experiences working with you. They can provide insights into how you handled their legal cases, how you treated them as clients, and the outcome they achieved. Statistics suggest that 88% of people trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations.
Think about it, if you were looking for a family law attorney, you would want to know what others have to say about their experience with that attorney. The testimonials section can give you a glimpse into what you can expect from that law firm.
There are several types of testimonials you can implement in your website design for family lawyers:
- Quote testimonials
- Video testimonials
- Audio testimonials
- Case study testimonials
- Social media testimonials
Whichever you choose, make sure to get consent from your previous clients before publishing their testimonials.
Need Professional Web Design For Family Lawyers?
Are you a family law attorney in need of a professional and trustworthy web design to showcase your services?
A great website can make all the difference in attracting new clients and building trust in your firm. A well-designed website not only helps you stand out from the competition but also provides a platform to showcase your expertise to potential clients.
Our Chicago web design agency can help you get a cutting-edge website for your family law company. We’ll work closely with your team to create a custom website that accurately reflects your brand.
If you’re ready to embark on the digital journey, Alpha Efficiency will be happy to guide you. After introducing us to your goals, we’ll provide you with expertise on each step of the website creation process. So let’s partner up! Get in touch today to learn more about how our web design services can help your family law company grow online.