If you are looking for successful and efficient campaigns on social media, you are in the right place. In the following text, you will find out why you should pay attention to your Click-through Rate results on Facebook Ads and how it could potentially save your time and money, get you to the desired customers, and improve your sales results.
Table of Content:
- What is a Click-through Rate, and why is it so Important
- How CTR Affect your Business and Marketing Budget on Facebook
- Is your CTR good?
- Average results on Click-through rate on Facebook Ads across seven verticals
- How to improve your CTR results on Facebook Ads
What is a Click-through Rate, and why is it so Important
Click-Through Rate (CTR) represents a ratio of people who saw an ad/promotion and clicked on it. The formula is simple: divide the number of clicks by the number of impressions, and you will get your CTR results shown in percentages.
CTR = Ad Clicks / Impressions
Those results are vital because they help an advertiser understand how ads drive traffic to websites and whether or not the campaign is effective. Also, it helps us acknowledge our Convert Rate and ROI, which are the most important and valuable metrics for our business.
How CTR Affect your Business and Marketing Budget on Facebook
The higher percentage of Click-Through Rate, the less Cost per Click, the more desired customers and conversions for your product/service. According to socialinsider.io, the primary purpose of 26.94% of Facebook Ads is conversions.
Is your CTR good?
The right answer to this question is: it depends. It depends on your industry, product or service, your ideal customer, ad placement, and the post itself. Let’s see how the average CTR changes considering the different ad placements. For example, the average CTR by Facebook Ad Type Report reveals that at this moment, a medium with the highest CTR (2.21%) is video, while other types have much lower CTR rates. For instance, the average CTR for page ads is 1.42%, while the average CTR for photos equals 1.37%, and for link amount only 0.72%.
Still, it would be a good idea to consider the average results on Click-through rate for your specific industry. These metrics could be a great indicator and guide for your CTR plan, goals, and results.
Average results on Click-through rate on Facebook Ads across five verticals
Talking about Ad placement, Facebook is one of the most commonly used social media platforms. This is quite reasonable because, besides Facebook, there is Instagram, Messenger, and Audience Network, all within one company which gives Facebook a slight advantage for such good Ad results.
CTR is a reliable indicator of whether your Facebook Ad was successful and how many people reacted to the Call to Action.
According to the WordStream study, the average click-through rate on Facebook ads across all industries is 0.90%, while the average cost per click on Facebook ads across all sectors is up to $1.68. In comparison, the average conversion rate on Facebook ads across all industries is 9.21%.
Let’s see how these numbers change across five major verticals and how CTR affects Cost per Click for each of the mentioned industries:
Cost Per Click
- Unfortunately, there are no available statistics for Facebook’s average values of average conversion rate even though this is another fast-growing industry. However, since the dating industry is based on apps, we will lean on data from Google where the average Click through rate is 6.05%, while the average CPC equals $1.16, and the conversion rate is up to 9.64%! The results on conversion rate are becoming even better, if we take a look at data from Google Play Store where the average conversion rate for the dating industry amounts to 25.8%.
How to improve your CTR on Facebook AdsUnfortunately, there are no available statistics for Facebook’s average values of average conversion rate even though this is another fast-growing industry. However, since the dating industry is based on apps, we will lean on data from Google where the average Click through rate is 6.05%, while the average CPC equals $1.16, and the conversion rate is up to 9.64%! The results on conversion rate are becoming even better, if we take a look at data from Google Play Store where the average conversion rate for the dating industry amounts to 25.8%.
Here are some insights on what affects your CTR results:
- Make a clear headline telling the customers what your ad is about. This will help you reach the right customers who are actually interested in your product/service. Also, do not forget to include keywords in your headline and site URL as well.
- Define a call to action and stay focused on a specific demand for your customer. If you aim to make them visit your landing page, tell them to do so. Avoid confusing them with another request such as: Visit our page, give us a call and make your appointment.
- Create visuals that will inspire your customers not only to click on your ad but also to share it. This will increase the engagement and chance for more impressions.
- Keep your ad placement on Facebook Feed. It has a much greater effect compared to other channels such as Instagram, Messenger, or Audience Network.
- Follow the statistics and post your ads at the time your users are most engaged on Facebook.
Even though CTR is a valuable parameter for discovering whether your ad is giving the results you wish for, be cautious. There might be several factors affecting your Facebook Ad Click-Through Rate results. According to the HubSpot Results, 40% of survey respondents do not like Facebook Ads. But if you use social media channels and its tools in the right way, an opportunity to grow your business is almost unlimited. And that’s why we are here. Let us help you with an efficient marketing plan, and ad campaign that will fulfill your business goals and enhance your results.
Need help with your social media campaigns? Set up a call with one of our experts on the following form, and we’ll audit your existing campaigns, and ensure that your campaigns are on point and profitable.