You automatically get Google Account when you subscribe to Gmail. This is the list of services that you get for free if you sign up, these tools are critical to my productivity:
– This is web based email client, which completely obliterates competitive mail services.
– This service is completely integrated within your Gmail and your Calendar. It is ultimate list keeper for your Android phone.
– Google Contacts is a contact management tool that is integrated into the Gmail.
– This service is not that related to productivity, but if you follow the link, I will show you how to get most out of your YouTube account.
– Google Calendar is a free time-management web application. It became available on April 13, 2006, and exited the beta stage in July 2009. This tool is essential for organizing, productivity and collaboration among coworkers.
– Google Docs is a free, Web-based word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, form, and data storage service. It doesn’t lack the functionality if we compare it to the MS Office suite, but the fact it is cloud based and that it allows insane level of collaboration, made it a game changer for numerous small businesses.
– Google Reader is a Web-based aggregator, capable of reading Atom and RSSfeeds online or offline. This service alone, changed my way how I consume information online.
Chrome Sync –
You can save your bookmarks, extensions, apps, theme, and browser preferences to your Google Account so that they can be accessed across multiple computers. That way, you can have the same web experience on your work computer, laptop and your desktop.
Voice– provides free PC-to-PC voice (and, optionally, also video) calling worldwide between users of the Google Voice and Video Chat browser plugin (available for Windows, Intel-based Mac OS X, and Linux), and free PC-to-phone calls into North America (this service will remain free at least until the end of 2011). You can set it up on your Android Phone.
What I love about Google services is that they are easily integrated between each other. If I find an interesting article trough Google reader, I can email it to my friends or colleagues straight from the reader and Google contacts is going to give me an exact person that I want to email, just after typing a couple of letters. Google contacts for example is automatically syncing with your phone and tablet. If you are working in Google Documents you can easily email your work or share it, so both of you can easily work on the same document. Possibilities are endless.
What are your experiences with Google services? What is your favorite one?