Gmail for business use is a tremendous asset for most organizations. Gmail is just one of the tools located inside of the G Suite, that enables an endless set of expanding capabilities that small businesses & individuals can leverage to their advantage. Google effectively tackled the problem of spam, search, allowing you a lot of storage, yet very low cost.
While we as a company believe that there are numerous privacy concerns about using Google if your main focus is productivity Gmail and G Suite are the most cost-effective way to get started with your business.
Tangible Business Benefits of Using Gmail
Since the inception of Alpha Efficiency, we’ve used legacy G Suite that allowed us to eliminate digital operating expenses. While other businesses had to purchase access to the Microsoft ecosystem, we enjoyed the advantage of free. While you couldn’t say that Google Sheets are better than Excel at the time, they did a good enough of a job for us. Having free software removes the economic pressure of you operating your company, and for many bootstrappers out there, that is a matter of life and death.
We’ve profited from the fact that Gmail was getting better integrations with the rest of the Google ecosystem as the time went by, and thus leading to an increase in the performance of our organization.
11. With Gmail you automatically get Google Account. When you have it, you can easily apply to all of the Google services.
12. If you are planning on switching to Android Phone, you will need to have Google Account in order to make the most use of it.
13. You can get virtually an unlimited number of custom addresses. These are a great way when you are subscribing to a list and you might wonder if it’s spammy or legit. Now you can know who’s selling and giving away your email information to third party “advertisers”.
14. Filters and labels are your new best friend when it comes to organizing. You don’t need to waste any more of your time in putting an email in the appropriate “folder”, now it’s all automated and goes exactly where you wanted it to go.
15. You can include pictures and special formating in your signatures!
16. You can backup your emails to your computer by using Google Gears, Outlook or even Mozilla Thunderbird. If you want to make sure, you can easily make a backup at Bacukupify in the cloud.
17. Gmail with Boomerang lets you send emails in the future. You don’t want to forget a birthday or a meeting reminder? Or you want to send an email at a specific time? Boomerang lets you do it!
18. Fetch your other mail: A recent quietly introduced Gmail feature is Mail Fetcher, which can check up to five other email accounts and download all that mail into your Gmail. To help keep things organized, mail Fetcher can automatically label and archive all this incoming mail.
19. Gmail allows extensive keyboard shortcuts, that can help you speed up your mail reading and replying. This is especially awesome for people on laptops without the mouse attached.
20. Simply, because it’s the best free email client out there.